The RAID Deco40 course is a great introduction to high quality technical diving. It is an entry-level decompression program created with the recreational diver in mind, certifying the student to complete up to 10 minutes of decompression and use deco gas up to 100% O2 with a maximum narcotic depth of 30m/100ft (normoxic and/or hyperoxic trimix is used).
Taught be renown technical instructor, Andy Davis, this program
- Minimum 16 years old.
- Certified RAID Advanced 35 or equivalent.
- Certified RAID Nitrox and Deep40 or equivalent.
- 20 hours logged dive time or 40 logged dives
- Register for FREE at www.diveraid.com
WHY CHOOSE THE DECO40 COURSE?
The RAID Deco40 course, taught by Andy Davis, reflects the most comprehensive and complete entry-level technical diver training available anywhere in the world.
It encompasses superior training in fundamental scuba skills, team diving, decompression protocols and normoxic/hyperoxic trimix use.
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge, equipment and gas selection, mindset and procedures to empower a very high degree of safety on the most challenging deep no-stop dives.
Ten reasons why you need this training:
- High level Fundamental Skills development
- Trimix qualification; included for effective narcosis elimination
- Team Diving protocols and procedures
- Technical configuration equipment used throughout
- Advanced dive planning and procedures for maximal safety
- Comprehensive emergency scenario training
- Redundant gas via backmount doubles, sidemount or single cylinder with stage.
- All skills and dives in neutral buoyancy, horizontal trim (no kneeling!)
- Tuition by a leading, world-renown, technical diving instructor
- Effective preparation for further technical diving training on Deco50 and Deco60.
PRACTICAL COURSE CONTENT
The Deco40 course is made up of 1 Confined Skills Clinic and 5 Open Water dives;
- Confined Water Fundamentals
Equipment set-up and configuration backplate/wing BCD. Confined water skills include precision buoyancy, horizontal trim, control and propulsion techniques (frog, modified flutter, helicopter turn and back kick), s-drills, descent checks, air-sharing long hose, deco/stage remove and replacement, gas switching drills and DSMB deployment.
- Dive 1 – 15m (50ft) to 20m (66ft) – Simulated 10-minutes deco
- Dive 2 – 20m (66ft) to 30m (100ft) – Simulated 10-minutes deco
- Dive 3 -30m (100ft) to 40m (130ft) – Simulated 10-minutes deco
- Dive 4- 30m (100ft) to 40m (130ft) – Extended No-Stop Gas Switching
- Dive 5 -35m (115ft) to 40m (130ft) – Actual 10-minutes deco w/trimix
Every dive includes precision buoyancy standards, descent checks (bubble check and s-drill), gas management (SAC), ascent and stop protocols, DSMB deployment and varied emergency scenarios.
All skills developed during this program are applies cumulatively; so the skills learned on the first dive will be applied on each successive dive. A high standard of mastery is applied throughout the entire program and certification is entirely performance-based.
Theory Course Content
RAID online eLearning academic presentations, quizzes, exam and practical skills covering the following topics in detail;
- Technical Diving Management
- Diving Physics
- Diving Physiology
- Technical Diving Equipment (backmount or sidemount)
- Electronic Dive Planning Software (Multideco)
- The Buhlmann ZHL-16C Algorithm
- Gradient Factors for Dive Planning
- Gas Management and Selection (Bottom and Deco gasses)
- Normoxic trimix theory and use
- Technical Diving Culture of Safety
$600USD for 3 Days Tuition and Diving
- maximum 3 per course.
- includes certification for normoxic/hyperoxic Trimix!
- not including nitrox/trimix gas fills (at extra cost) or equipment rental.
- cost doesn’t include RAID registration and eLearning
TO BOOK TRAINING
For more details, or to schedule a course, please CONTACT ME