Technical Wreck Course
My exclusive Technical Wreck course develops the skills, knowledge and procedures required for technical level divers to operate safely in the overhead wreck environment.
The course focuses on complex penetration and guidelines skills, along with a team approach for safe and controlled exploration inside areas of shipwrecks that pose significant hazards.
The course explains the dangers, risks, mitigating procedures and necessary techniques involved while technical diving in the overhead wreck environment, going beyond the daylight zone, beyond 40m/130ft linear distance from the surface, through restrictions and in confined spaces.
The Technical Wreck course, exclusive from renown technical wreck instructor Andy Davis, places a high emphasis on the refinement of core (technical) diving skills: buoyancy, trim, weighting and situational awareness. In addition, it focuses on the management of high tolerance task loading, stress control and the development of effective team diving skills in limited/zero visibility.
Put simply; this is one of the most challenging, highly demanding courses that you could ever take… but also, without doubt, one of the most personally satisfying and rewarding!
You will learn: Advanced Dive Planning, Guideline Deployment and Retrieval, Team Skills, Situational Awareness, Lost Line Emergency Protocol, Lost Diver Emergency Protocol, Entanglement Protocol, Cut/Snapped Line Protocol, Visual and Tactile Communications, Air-Sharing Egress, Passage Through Restrictions, Zero Visibility Drills, Light-Failure Protocol..
Do not confuse this with ‘Advanced Wreck’ programs. This is an elite-level technical wreck program.
- RAID Deco 50, TecRec Tec45 or equivalent
- RAID Advanced Wreck Diver or equivalent
- 18 Years old
Note: This is a very advanced level, equipment intensive training program that represents an apex in diver ability and training. The certification awarded indicates the highest level of wreck diving expertise and experience. In order to maintain the caliber of course graduates, additional practice dives under instructor supervision, may be required before certification will be awarded.
Satisfactory completion of the course syllabus is awarded with TecRec Technical Wreck qualification
This is a 4-5 day course, consisting of 6 dives.
- Morning – Equipment Set-up and configuration
- Afternoon – Technical Wreck Theory
- Morning – Dive #1 – Shallow water technical wreck skills practice
- Afternoon – Dive #2 – Wreck Penetration: Guideline protocols and air-sharing
- Morning – Dive #3 – Wreck Penetration Contingency Protocols
- Afternoon – Dive #4 – Limited Technical Wreck Penetration Dive
- Morning – Dive #5 – Full Technical Wreck Penetration Dive
- Afternoon – Dive #6 – Full Technical Wreck Penetration Dive
All skills developed during this program are applied cumulatively; so the skills learned on the first dive will be applied on each successive dive. A high standard of mastery is applied throughout the entire program and certification is entirely performance-based.
$1250USD for 4-5 Days Tuition and Diving
- maximum 2 per course
- includes air fills and boat trips
- not including nitrox/oxygen/trimix gas fills for student or instructor (POA)
- not including equipment rental, if necessary.
TO BOOK TRAINING
For more details, or to schedule a course, please CONTACT ME