Scuba Cylinder Specifications for Buoyancy and Weighting Calculations
When scuba divers calculate their buoyancy with an aluminum cylinder, it is essential for them to know the relative buoyancy characteristics of their chosen cylinder – at full pressure capacity and also at their minimum reserve (500psi).
The following tables provide buoyancy information on the common Luxfer aluminum tanks.
Incorporating these figures into your weighting calculations will help improve your comfort and control when scuba diving.
For UK size cylinders, check out this comparative buoyancy study from the folks at Silent Planet:
- CCR Aware: Safety Advice Video for New/Prospective CCR Divers (0.487)
- Scuba Gas Management | Course Notes (0.385)
- Advanced Diving Skills | Why The Need For Rules, Boundaries & Limitations? (0.222)
- The Physics of Diving - Scuba Gas Laws Theory (0.222)
- Deep Diving Maladies - High Pressure Nervous Syndrome (0.195)