Scuba Diving Buoyancy Masterclass Series
by Andy Davis
Welcome to my exclusive ‘masterclass‘ series of articles that describe all of the fundamental principles to perfect your buoyancy, weighting, trim and breath control.
- No.1 | Scuba Buoyancy Control for Divers
- No.2 | Scuba Buoyancy Control Benefits
- No.3 | Achieving Great Scuba Buoyancy Control
- No.4 | Perfect Scuba Weighting
- No.5 | Precision Trim & Position Contol
- No.6 | Scuba Buoyancy & Breathing
- No.7 | Ascent, Descent & Bottom Phase
- No.8 | The Balanced Rig
- No.9 | Streamlined Scuba Equipment
About the Author
Andy Davis is a RAID, PADI TecRec, ANDI, BSAC and SSI qualified independent technical diving instructor who specializes in teaching advanced sidemount, trimix and wreck exploration diving courses across South East Asia. Currently residing in ‘wreck diving heaven’ at Subic Bay, Philippines, he has amassed more than 9000 open circuit and CCR dives over 27 years of diving across the globe.
Andy has published many magazine articles on technical diving, has written course materials for dive training agency syllabus, tests and reviews diving gear for major manufacturers and consults with the Philippines Underwater Archaeology Society.
He is currently writing a series of books to be published on advanced diving topics. Prior to becoming a professional technical diving educator in 2006, Andy was a commissioned officer in the Royal Air Force and has served in Iraq, Afghanistan, Belize and Cyprus.