Welcome to my blog area where I provide professional-level advice based on questions that get sent to me by novice-intermediate divers.
- Scuba Q and A: Deep Diving Below Recreational Agency Depth Limits
- Scuba Q and A: Diver Stress, Relationships and Comfort Zones
- Scuba Q and A: Do You Need A Diving Certification?
- Scuba Q and A: Drysuit or BCD for Primary Buoyancy?
- Scuba Q and A: How Can I Make My Air Last Longer When Diving?
- Scuba Q and A: How Can I Use Less Air While Scuba Diving
- Scuba Q and A: How Dangerous Is Technical Diving?
- Scuba Q and A: How Deep Can You Dive Using Air?
- Scuba Q and A: How To Ascend When Diving?
- Scuba Q and A: Overcome Fear of Mask Removal
- Scuba Q and A: Steel or Aluminium Cylinders
- Scuba Q and A: What Is Your Reason For Technical Diving?
- Scuba Q and A: What's The Best Advice For Someone Starting Open Water Diver Qualification?
- Scuba Q and A: When To Drop Your Weight Belt?
- Scuba Q and A: Why Do Decompression Divers Use Nitrox?
- Scuba Q and A: Why Do Deep Divers Use Helium?
- Scuba Q and A: Why Do Divers Use Nitrox?
- Scuba Q and A: Why Does Diving Make Me Feel Tired?
About the Author
Andy Davis is a RAID, PADI TecRec, ANDI, BSAC and SSI qualified independent technical diving instructor who specializes in teaching advanced sidemount, trimix and wreck exploration diving courses across South East Asia. Currently residing in ‘wreck diving heaven’ at Subic Bay, Philippines, he has amassed more than 9000 open circuit and CCR dives over 27 years of diving across the globe.
Andy has published many magazine articles on technical diving, has written course materials for dive training agency syllabus, tests and reviews diving gear for major manufacturers and consults with the Philippines Underwater Archaeology Society.
He is currently writing a series of books to be published on advanced diving topics. Prior to becoming a professional technical diving educator in 2006, Andy was a commissioned officer in the Royal Air Force and has served in Iraq, Afghanistan, Belize and Cyprus.