Master Rescue Diver
About the RAID Master Rescue Diver Course
The RAID Master Rescue Diver program is a critical step in expanding your knowledge and experience as a proficient recreational diver. This challenging course builds confidence, competence and comfort in water. It delivers practical dive emergency management skills and crucial knowledge that enables you to respond safely and efficiently to surface and underwater incidents.
The master rescue diver course can be taught in any open-circuit diving equipment configuration. I am a sidemount specialist, so I can offer extensive experience in sidemount rescue techniques for divers qualified in that equipment.
Why take the Master Rescue Diver course?
In order to be a good diver you first need to be able to look after yourself and then be able to help other if needed. The RAID Master Rescue Diver course is a must for all experienced divers and in particular those who wish to take responsibility for the safety of other divers. It is a pre-requisite to professional level training.
The best rescue is one you will never have to make. Which is why the RAID Master Rescue course has a significant focus on risk assessment and advanced buoyancy control to minimise the chance of having to perform a rescue or be rescued.
This unique course builds confidence and ability, providing the skills and knowledge to help you better understand how to respond safely and efficiently to surface and underwater emergencies to a maximum depth of 20m/66ft.
Master Rescue Course Prerequisites
- Minimum 12 hours logged dives
- Advanced open water certification or equivalent
- CPR and oxygen provider certification
Course in-water training
- Minimum 5 hours in-water
- Confined Water – minimum 4 to 5 sessions
- Open Water – minimum 3 scenarios and one deep dive
- Course can be conducted in single cylinder, sidemount or manifold doubles configuration
- Assessment of fundamental diving skills
- Stamina and watermanship skills
- Stress management and psychological resilience
- Incident management skills
- Development of diver rescue and emergency skills
Course academic training
RAID online eLearning academic presentations, quizzes, exam and practical skills covering the following topics in detail:
- Diving in General
- Dive Equipment
- Emergency Management