Deep Diver Course in Subic Bay – Deep40 /Trimix
Deep diving is the ultimate thrill for adventurous scuba divers. Descending into the depths of the ocean, exploring the mysteries that lie beyond the reach of most divers, is an exhilarating experience like no other. Doing a deep diver course in Subic Bay opens up a whole new world of underwater wonders, including incredible marine life and breathtaking underwater landscapes.
However, deep diving also comes with its own set of risks, which is why high-quality deep certification training is essential for your safety. Discover the joys of deep diving and take your skills to a higher level, while keeping yourself protected by getting certified on my Deep Diver course in Subic Bay, Philippines!
About the Deep Diver course: Deep40 with trimix
The RAID Deep40 course is the real thing…a true recreational DEEP diving course! In this deep diver certification course, renowned technical diving instructor, Andy Davis introduces advanced diving concepts and uncompromising performance standards.
The Deep Diver course syllabus includes a comprehensive eLearning study, intensive shallow water skills development, and 4 training dives (5+ hours in-water) and qualifies the diver to conduct advanced no-stop recreational dives to a maximum depth of 40m/130ft. Training in Subic Bay covers the use of redundant gas sources, such as sidemount, backmount doubles, or pony cylinders, and students can opt to qualify for using trimix up to 20% Helium.
Deep diver course prerequisites
- Minimum 15 years old.
- Certified RAID Advanced 35 or equivalent.
- 8 hours logged dive time
- Nitrox qualification is recommended
- Register for FREE at www.diveraid.com
Why choose this deep diver course in Subic Bay, Philippines?
What sets my deep diver certification apart from the rest? With decades of experience at the highest levels of technical diving instruction, I am able to deliver the most comprehensive and complete recreational deep diver training available worldwide.
The aim of this course is to equip students with the essential knowledge, equipment, gas selection, mindset, and procedures required to ensure the utmost safety during even the most challenging deep recreational dives. My students certify with the confidence and proficiency to tackle deep diving with ease, knowing they have received the best training available.
What is trimix and why is it useful?
My deep diver course trains and qualifies students to use recreational trimix because it has dramatic safety advantages.
Trimix is a scuba diving breathing gas that contains helium. Helium is added to the mixture to reduce the amount of nitrogen in the cylinder. This has profound benefits in reducing nitrogen narcosis and lowering the gas density to help prevent hypercapnia at depth.
Read these articles to learn more about trimix:
Ten reasons why you need this deep diver training:
- High-level Fundamental Skills development
- Trimix qualification; included for effective narcosis elimination
- Team Diving protocols and procedures
- Technical configuration equipment used throughout
- Advanced dive planning and procedures for maximal safety
- Comprehensive emergency scenario training
- Redundant gas via backmount doubles, sidemount or single cylinder with pony
- All skills and dives in neutral buoyancy, horizontal trim (no kneeling!)
- Tuition by a leading, world-renown, technical diving instructor
- Effective preparation for future technical diving training.
Subic Bay Deep Diver course schedule
The Deep 40 course is made up of 1 Confined Skills Clinic and 4 Open Water dives;
- Confined Water Fundamentals
- Equipment set-up and configuration backplate/wing BCD. Confined water skills include precision buoyancy, horizontal trim, control and propulsion techniques (frog, modified flutter, helicopter turn, and back kick), s-drills, descent checks, air-sharing long hose, and DSMB deployment.
- Dive 1 – 24m (80ft) to 30m (100ft) – Nitrox
- Dive 2 – 27m (90ft) to 35m (115ft) – Nitrox
- Dive 3 -30m (100ft) to 40m (130ft) – Nitrox
- Dive 4- 30m (100ft) to 40m (130ft) – Normoxic/Hyperoxic Trimix (TriOx / Helitrox)
Every dive includes precision buoyancy standards, descent checks (bubble check and s-drill), gas management (SAC), ascent and stop protocols, DSMB deployment and varied emergency scenarios.
All skills developed during this program are applied cumulatively; so the skills learned on the first dive will be applied on each successive dive. A high standard of mastery is applied throughout the entire program and certification is entirely performance-based.
Comparing deep diver certification courses
This is the only deep diver course that qualifies students to use trimix, teaches diving decompression theory, and delivers advanced ascent protocols which reduce your risk of DCS.
The course provides ample time and expert instruction to supercharge your fundamental diving skills: precision buoyancy, horizontal trim, efficient propulsion, reduced gas consumption, team diving, situational awareness, and stress resilience.
Use this table to compare the RAID Deep40 course with a popular alternative:
How much does the deep diver course cost?
3 Days $450
- add RAID Nitrox training for free!
- upgrade to recreational trimix certification for free!
The stated cost includes all tuition and instruction from Andy Davis:
- Max 3 per course (no minimum)
- Scheduled courses will be run even if just one student
- Discounts available for group booking
- Private lessons are available at a 50% surcharge
- Training in Subic Bay or Anilao, Philippines
- Other locations available by request
- Courses can be scheduled to meet your requirements
- 25% non-refundable deposit to confirm attendance on the course
Tuition cost excludes course registration fees, as per the RAID website, hosting dive center costs covering tank rentals, nitrox/trimix fills, and boat costs as required. Instructor expenses are split between students.