RAID Basic Wreck Course
The RAID Basic Wreck course is designed to familiarize you with the skills, knowledge, planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems, hazards and fun of wreck diving. The course will serve as a safe, supervised introduction to wreck diving.
You will train with Andy Davis…a highly experienced and respected technical wreck explorer and instructor, who has 27+ years of wreck diving experience around the world.
The course is run in Subic Bay, Philippines, with access to amazing military shipwrecks dating from the Spanish-American War to WWII.
During this exclusive course you will develop the ability to explain the historical value of wrecks, the social and moral issues surrounding them and local and national laws regarding wrecks around the coast of your own country.
You will know how to research a wreck to find it’s history and background, and you will also know how to plan and organize your wreck dives to make them as safe and fun as possible.
You will be able to identify the potential hazards and dangers of a wreck so avoiding any chance of injury or accident.
This is NOT a wreck penetration course. For wreck penetration training, see the Advanced Wreck course.
- Minimum 15 years old.
- Certified RAID Open Water 20 or equivalent.
- Nitrox qualification is recommended
- Register for FREE at www.diveraid.com
WHY CHOOSE THE BASIC WRECK COURSE?
Taught by Andy Davis, a wreck explorer and trimix technical wreck instructor, this course represents the most comprehensive introduction to wreck diving available.
Ten reasons why you need this training:
- Develop your precision buoyancy, weighting and effective trim
- Advanced propulsion; frog kick, modified flutter, helicopter turn & back kick
- Develop team diving skills and increased situational awareness
- Training conducted using Backplate & Wing BCD with long hose
- Subic Bay is one of the world’s best wreck locations, with over 20 historical wrecks
- A very cost effective way to discover wreck diving
- All skills and dives in neutral buoyancy, horizontal trim (no kneeling!)
- Can be completed in a weekend
- Skills are genuinely mastered, not ticked off a list in a rush
- Effective preparation for future technical diving training
The Basic Wreck course is made up of 1 Confined modules, and 2 Open Water dives;
- Confined Water
- Ascents / Descents
- Dive 1 – Wreck survey and research, light signals, cutting devices, SAC calculation, DSMB deployment
- Dive 2 – Wreck navigation, gas emergencies, gas management, DSMB deployment, ascent protocols
All skills developed during this program are applied cumulatively; so the skills learned on the first dive will be applied on each successive dive. A high standard of mastery is applied throughout the entire program and certification is entirely performance-based.
I offer three recreational wreck courses. To help prospective students choose the course that most fits their needs, the table below contains the outline details of the courses I run:
1 Day $150
Stated cost includes all tuition and instruction from Andy Davis
- Max 3 per course
- Scheduled courses will be run even if just one student
- Discounts available for group booking
- Private lessons available at 50% surcharge
- Training in Subic Bay or Anilao, Philippines
- Other locations available on consultation
- Courses can be scheduled to meet your requirements
- 25% non-refundable deposit to confirm attendance on course
Tuition Cost excludes: Course registration fees, as per RAID website. Course facility fees covering tank rentals, nitrox/trimix fills and boat costs as required. Instructor expenses – split between students.
TO BOOK TRAINING
For more details, or to schedule a course, please CONTACT ME