The RAID Deep 40 course is the real thing…a true DEEP diving course for recreational divers.
On this course, renown technical diving instructor, Andy Davis introduces technical concepts and standards; and encourages the use redundant gas sources (sidemount, backmount doubles or single cylinder with a bailout pony). Students can use nitrox or trimix to 20% Helium.
The course syllabus includes comprehensive eLearning study, confined water fundamental skills and 4 training dives (5+ hours in-water) and qualifies the diver to conduct advanced no-stop dives to a maximum depth of 40m/130ft.
- Minimum 15 years old.
- Certified RAID Advanced 35 or equivalent.
- 8 hours logged dive time
- Nitrox qualification is recommended
- Register for FREE at www.diveraid.com
WHY CHOOSE THE DEEP40 COURSE?
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge, equipment and gas selection, mindset and procedures to empower a very high degree of safety on the most challenging deep no-stop dives.
Ten reasons why you need this training:
- High level Fundamental Skills development
- Trimix qualification; included for effective narcosis elimination
- Team Diving protocols and procedures
- Technical configuration equipment used throughout
- Advanced dive planning and procedures for maximal safety
- Comprehensive emergency scenario training
- Redundant gas via backmount doubles, sidemount or single cylinder with pony
- All skills and dives in neutral buoyancy, horizontal trim (no kneeling!)
- Tuition by a leading, world-renown, technical diving instructor
- Effective preparation for future technical diving training.
PRACTICAL COURSE CONTENT
The Deep 40 course is made up of 1 Confined Skills Clinic and 4 Open Water dives;
- Confined Water Fundamentals
Equipment set-up and configuration backplate/wing BCD. Confined water skills include precision buoyancy, horizontal trim, control and propulsion techniques (frog, modified flutter, helicopter turn and back kick), s-drills, descent checks, air-sharing long hose and DSMB deployment.
- Dive 1 – 24m (80ft) to 30m (100ft) – Nitrox
- Dive 2 – 27m (90ft) to 35m (115ft) – Nitrox
- Dive 3 -30m (100ft) to 40m (130ft) – Nitrox
- Dive 4- 30m (100ft) to 40m (130ft) – Normoxic/Hyperoxic Trimix (TriOx / Helitrox)
Every dive includes precision buoyancy standards, descent checks (bubble check and s-drill), gas management (SAC), ascent and stop protocols, DSMB deployment and varied emergency scenarios.
All skills developed during this program are applies cumulatively; so the skills learned on the first dive will be applied on each successive dive. A high standard of mastery is applied throughout the entire program and certification is entirely performance-based.
Theory Course Content
RAID online eLearning academic presentations, quizzes, exam and practical skills covering the following topics in detail;
- The History of Deep Diving.
- Reasons for Deep Diving
- Your Personal Equipment
- Specialized Equipment for Deep Diving
- Deep Diving Physics
- Deep Diving Physiology
- Planning Procedures for Deep Diving
- What you can do to further your knowledge and skill
Use this table to compare with my PADI Deep Diver course (also offered):
3-4 Days $450
*add RAID Nitrox training for free
Stated cost includes all tuition and instruction from Andy Davis
- Max 3 per course
- Scheduled courses will be run even if just one student
- Discounts available for group booking
- Private lessons available at 50% surcharge
- Training in Subic Bay or Anilao, Philippines
- Other locations available on consultation
- Courses can be scheduled to meet your requirements
- 25% non-refundable deposit to confirm attendance on course
Tuition Cost excludes: Course registration fees, as per RAID website. Course facility fees covering tank rentals, nitrox/trimix fills and boat costs as required. Instructor expenses – split between students.
TO BOOK TRAINING
For more details, or to schedule a course, please CONTACT ME